Best Twitter Backgrounds
Below you'll find what I consider to be my best Twitter backgrounds although not to discriminate as I like all the background images and layouts I provide here on my website. Notwithstanding, if you're looking to create a professional looking web page with your Twitter profile, check these out.
And just so you know, all my background images are, like, one eleventy bazillion per cent original, as in, no copyright violations or cheesy knockoffs here. I slaved over each and every one until I thought it was worthy of using on my own Twitter page (follow me!)
For your convenience, screenshots have been provided to show how these backgrounds look in different screen resolutions because currently Twitter aligns background images installed on your profile to the left edge of your browser viewport, er ahhh, browser window
(sorry for the geekspeak) and there is no option to customize the alignment.
For a complete rundown on how CSS background positioning
can be problematic and why it's best to select a background image that works well with different screen resolutions (all my Twitter background images are designed with this in mind), please see my article, Twitter Backgrounds 101
Installation of these Twitter layouts is easy. Just click on any of the 'Help Me' links below to get a complete step-by-step walkthrough. It should only take a couple of minutes max after which you'll be looking at a brand spanking new Twitter profile 'twimped out' to look like you mean business.
And if you don't like (*gasp*
) any of the layouts below, here are some more cool Twitter backgrounds
I've recently cooked up!
How to install an Iron Spider Twitter Layout
First of all, 'Twitter Layout' refers to the Twitter background and the Twitter color codes that go along with it.
Here's what to do:
- Find the layout you like, scroll down to the Installation section, click on the Download Background button and save the image to your desktop (or anywhere on your computer you can easily find it again).
- Open a new window or tab in your web browser (File » New Window OR New Tab), go to twitter.com and sign in.
- After signing in to Twitter, click on 'Settings' and then click on the 'Design' tab.
- In the bottom left, click on Change background image and use the Browse button to find and select the Twitter background you downloaded earlier.
- Click on Change design colors to see five color boxes representing the five components of your Twitter profile you get to set the colors for (background, text, links, sidebar, sidebar border).
- Come back to my page here at Iron Spider and copy-and-paste the color codes for the Twitter layout you selected into the appropriate Change design colors boxes.
- When you've finished copy-and-pasting all the color codes in, click on save changes and your Twitter profile will be updated with a cool new layout!
ALL IRON SPIDER TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ARE 100% ORIGINAL.
© COPYRIGHT 2009-2011 - ROBERT DARRELL
ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE AND/OR COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS WILL RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION.
PLEASE NOTE: ironspider.ca
is not affiliated with twitter.com
in any way, shape or form.