Cool Twitter Backgrounds 2
Here are some more cool Twitter backgrounds I made up from scratch that you can use to make your Twitter profile more attractive and original. And does a more attractive and original profile mean more followers? (Heh heh... I'll leave you to do the math on that one... )
Now about this trend with Twitter backgrounds to put something fancy schmancy on the left side, e.g., a photo of yourself, your company's logo, whatever... I just don't get it. At the time of this writing
, the W3C Schools Browser Display Statistics page
says that 36% of computers are using a screen size of 1024 x 768. That means that potentially over 1/3 of the visitors to your page are going to see your fancy schmancy left side bar background obscured by your Twitter profile (the white space where your tweets go). For a detailed explanation of why it's not a good idea to do this left side bar thingy, please see my article Twitter Backgrounds 101
And what exactly is my screen resolution, you may ask?
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT.
Wanna do it the geeky way? Okay... Assuming you're using Windows XP, go to your Windows desktop and right click anywhere on empty space and then click on Properties » Settings
and you'll get a dialog looking something like this:
As you can see, your screen resolution will be displayed in the bottom left corner of this dialog.
Okay enough mumbo-jumbo about the screen resowhatchamacallit. About installing these Twitter layouts. It's a snap. Download the background of your choice, login to your Twitter account and go to Settings » Design
and that's where it's all happening. (Use Change background image
to upload the background you selected.) To go with each my Twitter backgrounds, I've cooked up some special color codes you can use on the Twitter Settings Change design colors
tab. For an easy step-by-step walkthrough of how to install the background and color codes, click on the Help Me
buttons down below.
Okay that's it.
Enjoy! (Would love to hear your feedback
How to install an Iron Spider Twitter Layout
First of all, 'Twitter Layout' refers to the Twitter background and the Twitter color codes that go along with it.
Here's what to do:
- Find the layout you like, scroll down to the Installation section, click on the Download Background button and save the image to your desktop (or anywhere on your computer you can easily find it again).
- Open a new window or tab in your web browser (File » New Window OR New Tab), go to twitter.com and sign in.
- After signing in to Twitter, click on 'Settings' and then click on the 'Design' tab.
- In the bottom left, click on Change background image and use the Browse button to find and select the Twitter background you downloaded earlier.
- Click on Change design colors to see five color boxes representing the five components of your Twitter profile you get to set the colors for (background, text, links, sidebar, sidebar border).
- Come back to my page here at Iron Spider and copy-and-paste the color codes for the Twitter layout you selected into the appropriate Change design colors boxes.
- When you've finished copy-and-pasting all the color codes in, click on save changes and your Twitter profile will be updated with a cool new layout!
ALL IRON SPIDER TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ARE 100% ORIGINAL.
© COPYRIGHT 2009-2011 - ROBERT DARRELL
ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE AND/OR COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS WILL RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION.
PLEASE NOTE: ironspider.ca
is not affiliated with twitter.com
in any way, shape or form.