Dark Twitter Backgrounds
Four of these dark Twitter backgrounds are based on one my most popular Myspace layouts. This background started out as a photo that I snapped a couple of summers back of One Place Ville Marie (an office building in downtown Montreal, Quebec) and then Photoshopped to smithereens. I modified it so that it would be compatible with a Twitter profile and then reworked it in different colors for your convenience.
The fifth Twitter background on this page is a dark variation of the abstract-globe thing I was working on in my Cool Twitter Backgrounds
Needless to say at this point, all my background images are one bazillion per cent original and I've also taken the trouble to provide complementary color codes with each that you can insert in the Change design colors
tab in the Settings » Design
section of your Twitter account.
Installation is quick and easy. For full step-by-step instructions, click on one of the Help Me
links below. Also, you'll probably be interested in reading my article Twitter Backgrounds 101
for a detailed rundown of how background images are aligned using CSS
on your Twitter profile and how this may pose some design problems.
Oh yeah, sheesh, almost forgot... Follow me on Twitter!
Okay so where are the goodies?
Right here. . . .
How to install an Iron Spider Twitter Layout
First of all, 'Twitter Layout' refers to the Twitter background and the Twitter color codes that go along with it.
Here's what to do:
- Find the layout you like, scroll down to the Installation section, click on the Download Background button and save the image to your desktop (or anywhere on your computer you can easily find it again).
- Open a new window or tab in your web browser (File » New Window OR New Tab), go to twitter.com and sign in.
- After signing in to Twitter, click on 'Settings' and then click on the 'Design' tab.
- In the bottom left, click on Change background image and use the Browse button to find and select the Twitter background you downloaded earlier.
- Click on Change design colors to see five color boxes representing the five components of your Twitter profile you get to set the colors for (background, text, links, sidebar, sidebar border).
- Come back to my page here at Iron Spider and copy-and-paste the color codes for the Twitter layout you selected into the appropriate Change design colors boxes.
- When you've finished copy-and-pasting all the color codes in, click on save changes and your Twitter profile will be updated with a cool new layout!
ALL IRON SPIDER TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ARE 100% ORIGINAL.
© COPYRIGHT 2009-2011 - ROBERT DARRELL
ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE AND/OR COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS WILL RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION.
PLEASE NOTE: ironspider.ca
is not affiliated with twitter.com
in any way, shape or form.