Plain Twitter Backgrounds
Okay so here I decided to turn down the wild-crazy-colorful meter a few notches and go with some plain Twitter backgrounds for those looking for a more sober look for their profile. I created these low contrast textured background images from scratch and more will follow depending on the demand. Back in the day, plain layouts were highly in demand on MySpace but there seems to be a different vibe going on at Twitter with a kind of fancy left side bar trend taking off (a background style that doesn't make sense considering the current CSS code being applied to align backgrounds on Twitter profiles — click here for more info
I don't do custom Twitter backgrounds, sorry, but you can make a suggestion on my Feedback page
and if enough people make the same suggestion, I'll make up a batch of Twitter layouts accordingly.
Installing an Iron Spider Twitter layout is a snap. Just click on the Help Me
link contained in each of the layouts below and follow the easy step-by-step instructions.
Alright, on with the show!...
How to install an Iron Spider Twitter Layout
First of all, 'Twitter Layout' refers to the Twitter background and the Twitter color codes that go along with it.
Here's what to do:
- Find the layout you like, scroll down to the Installation section, click on the Download Background button and save the image to your desktop (or anywhere on your computer you can easily find it again).
- Open a new window or tab in your web browser (File » New Window OR New Tab), go to twitter.com and sign in.
- After signing in to Twitter, click on 'Settings' and then click on the 'Design' tab.
- In the bottom left, click on Change background image and use the Browse button to find and select the Twitter background you downloaded earlier.
- Click on Change design colors to see five color boxes representing the five components of your Twitter profile you get to set the colors for (background, text, links, sidebar, sidebar border).
- Come back to my page here at Iron Spider and copy-and-paste the color codes for the Twitter layout you selected into the appropriate Change design colors boxes.
- When you've finished copy-and-pasting all the color codes in, click on save changes and your Twitter profile will be updated with a cool new layout!
ALL IRON SPIDER TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ARE 100% ORIGINAL.
© COPYRIGHT 2009-2011 - ROBERT DARRELL
ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE AND/OR COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS WILL RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION.
PLEASE NOTE: ironspider.ca
is not affiliated with twitter.com
in any way, shape or form.